ORA-00406

ORA-00406: COMPATIBLE parameter needs to be 10.0.0.0.0 or greater

Recently I was worked on UAT Database migration from one server to another new server. Once I got a request I have checked the space requirements and  other checklist details on new server also. I felt everything looks good.
During scheduled time, I started the RMAN online backup with compression option because I have less space for backup location. Also I don’t have any other file system to place the RMAN backup.
While started the RMAN backup I am getting below error.
RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on db_ch2 channel at 02/29/2012 06:22:28
ORA-00406: COMPATIBLE parameter needs to be 10.0.0.0.0 or greater
ORA-00722: Feature "Backup Compression"
continuing other job steps, job failed will not be re-run
released channel: db_ch1
released channel: db_ch2
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on db_ch1 channel at 02/29/2012 06:22:28
ORA-00406: COMPATIBLE parameter needs to be 10.0.0.0.0 or greater
ORA-00722: Feature "Backup Compression"
I have checked the compatible parameter and compatible parameter is 9.2.0.  But database running on 10.2.0.4. 
We need to change the compatible parameter is 10.2.0
I have checked with application team and try to get approval for quick recycle the database. But they are doing some crucial test and they don’t allowed to do DB recycle. After one week I got the approval and changed the init parameter, recycled the database.  So while checking the prerequiste, we should cover all the things... If we miss anything, it will create a hmmm :-(
While bring up the database, I am getting below error.
ORA-32004: obsolete and/or deprecated parameter(s) specified
ORA-19905: log_archive_format must contain %s, %t and %r
SQL> !cat initDBUAT1.ora | grep log_archive_format
log_archive_format = _%t_%s.log
I have changed the log_archive_format init parameter and started the database.
SQL> !cat initDBUAT1.ora | grep log_archive_format = _%t_%s_%r.

No comments:

SHRD0014: GLLEZL - process exiting with failure

  SYMPTOMS Journal Import completes with the following error: Error ------ ORA-01653 : unable to extend table GL.GL_IMPORT_REFERENCES ORA-01...